Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wanda Knows Velociraptor

Episode 16: Wanda Knows Velociraptor

The Background: Wanda was talking to my brother and was informed that the way she was saying Velociraptor was not right. So she set out on a mission to prove that it wasn't just her that said it that way so...

She came with my parents to bring Craig back yesterday and the first thing she says to me is "Celeste what is that smaller dinosaur that is really mean?"

My guess was "a Velociraptor?"

She looked all disappointed. and mumbled "Yeah."

Then she perked up and said "K, I'm going to ask K.C. the same question so don't tell him what you said." She was extremely put out when K.C. hadn't even seen Jurassic park and only could remember like 4 dinosaur names. When he was told that it ended with 'raptor' he said "Oh you mean Velociraptor?"

Wanda: Completely bummed out "All right".

Celeste:
So Wand this sounds good, what did YOU think it was?

Wanda:
Well I was talking to Ammon and I said 'Ammon we found this huge dinosaur bone in the back it's probably a flossaraptor bone!'

Ammon
:
"a what bone"

Wanda:
"A flossaraptor bone"

Ammon
:
"how did you say that?"

Wanda:
"A flossaraptor"

Ammon
:
"What does it start with?"

Wanda:
Very emphatically "F"

Ammon
:
"Are you sure?"

Wanda:
"Yep!"

Ammon
:
"Oh!" Dad and him couldn't hold it in any longer and burst into laughter.

Wanda:
"What? What does it start with?"

Ammon:
"It starts with a V and it's said Velociraptor."

Her world was officially wrecked. "They've always been flossaraptors!" she said in dismay. "That is so weird to me, I honestly and truly thought that it was called a flossaraptor. I've always called it that!"

There you have it folks, Wanda knows!

No comments: